So we are already halfway through the school year and I have failed at one goal, maintaining my blog. I regret to say that in my haste to try all things tech now that I am back in the classroom that I have been blinded to my blog. Sorry readers! I have made it a goals to pick up the “pen” and share more of what I am doing in my classroom the second half of this year, when I hope to be piloting BYOD in my fifth grade room. For now I will share a short list of my classroom’s tech triumphs!
1) We are tweeting, or my students are! Check out my class tweets @halcottsgrade5
2) Have I mentioned we are using 2 iPads this year!? Apps are amazing learning tools! My students have made book trailers w/ iMovie, created notes w notability, read interactive teacher created books on figurative language, used nearpod, and recorded their fluent readings.
3) We love nearpod! Interactive presentations on fractions, text organizations, etc. have been an enjoyment for all.
4) We are blogging! The kids love blogging about Kid President, figurative language, and free topics. Check out our blogs at: http://kidblog.org/HalcottsHomeroom/
5) We are using an LMS to do our guided reading and intervention materials. We hold forums, glossaries, quizzes, and workshops on Moodle. The kids love taking their quizzes online and discussing their books w students in the reading group and those students in other classrooms reading the same book.
6) Finally, we are SMART learners! We manipulate our learning. We take our own attendance daily, solve math equations w manipulatives, play interactive learning games, create groups, and share our work using SMART Notebook.
Stay tuned for more routine updates on my adventures in tech integration inside the walls of the classroom.